If a Microsoft application starts up slowly (due to machine processing slowly, poor connectivity, etc) then Microsoft automatically makes any add-ins inactive in order to assist the machine to boot up the Microsoft application. This results in any ALL add-in applications (not just BrandOffice) , being made inactive or disabled.
If your BrandOffice tab has disappeared then it is either:
1. The BrandOffice add-in has become inactive
2. The BrandOffice add-in has been disabled
To determine whether the add-in is inactive or disabled please perform the following steps:
With either Word, Excel or PPT open go to File, then Options, Add-ins:
If BrandQuantum_BrandOffice_AddinModule appears on the Inactive Applications List, then BrandOfficeis inactive.
Go to Manage: Com Add-Ins - Click on "Go"
Find the box with the descriptor "BrandQuantum_BrandOffice_AddinModule". Ensure that the box has been ticked.
Then click "OK"
The BrandOffice tab will now re-appear in the Word, Excel or PPT ribbon.
If the BrandMail add-in does not appear under the
inactive list, it may appear under the list of
In order to enable a disabled add-in, please follow these necessary steps:
1. With Word, Excel or PPT open go to File, then Options, Add-ins:
2. On the Manage drop down please select Disabled Items and click the "Go" button
3. Select the BrandOffice add-in and click the "Enable" button
4. On the Manage drop down please select COM Add-Ins and click "Go" button
5. Select the BrandOffice add-in and click the checkbox for that add-in
6. Click OK and it should appear