Deleting the BrandMail Database
BrandMail: How to delete the BrandMail database
When a corruption exists in the BrandMail database, some of the content may not be available on the toolbar and the signature may not display. Deleting the database is like a "hard reset" which allows the workstation to then do a fresh download of all templates.
Please do not worry about deleting the database, the database file will be recreated during the next sync.
In order to delete the BrandMail database file, follow the steps below:
1. Open the Settings dialogue from the BrandMail tab:
2. Locate the BrandMail database file (BrandMail.db). The easiest way to do this is to go to your BrandMail settings and copy the path under "Database Location"
3. Delete the file called BrandMail.db
4. Resync the BrandMail toolbar, by clicking "Synchronize Data"
This will recreate the complete BrandMail database file and eliminate any corrupted files.
Please note that the sync will take a little longer than normal since all your templates will be re-synced to your workstation from scratch.
BrandMail: What is my default toolbar?
BrandMail: What is my default toolbar? Your default toolbar determines which signature is defaulted when you compose new emails, reply to emails and forward emails. To check which toolbar is "defaulted", check the default in the dialogue box as ...
BrandMail Toolbar Overview
BrandMail Toolbar Overview The drop-down menu gives you access to multiple “toolbars”. Access to these is based on a user’s profile, and the “groups” they belong to. The BrandMail ribbon in Outlook consists of “Brand Standards”, “Brand Tools”, “Brand ...
Signature Template Does Not Exist!
Signature Template Does Not Exist! This error is associated with missing signature metadata. In order to rectify, please ask your toolbar administrator to make a small edit to the relevant signature in the BQIgnite platform and then to force a sync ...
BrandMail: How to complete your Settings in BrandMail and synchronise your toolbar(s)
1. Go to the BRANDMAIL tab in Microsoft Outlook 2. Click on the Settings button A new Settings dialog will be displayed 3. Make sure the URL, Database and Base Locations have the same values in the screenshot. 4. Fill in your Username and Password in ...
BrandMail Frequently Asked Questions Q1: Can I change the body font of my emails? No, the body font is centrally managed. BrandMail standardises your email signature, as well as the body font that you type your emails with. The font, colour, and text ...