Before creating a new toolbar here is some information to help you understand how toolbars work:
- Companies can have multiple divisions
- Divisions can have multiple toolbars
e.g. BrandInc Co. has the following divisions:
- BrandInc Co. (which is for the whole organisation)
- BrandInc Co Marketing (only for the marketing team)
- BrandInc Co Legal (only for the legal team)
The toolbar administrators have already set up a BrandOffice toolbar for the whole company and a BrandMail toolbar for the whole company:
Let's suppose the admins wanted to create a new BrandOffice toolbar for
1. Determine whether there is an existing division for this toolbar by navigating to
Company Divisions .
2. In order to add a new division go to the
Company Divisions tab and click
3. Add the Marketing division and click
4. Next you need to allocate users to this new division. Go to
Company Divisions and double click on the new
Marketing division. Tick all users which need to be part of this division.
Now that you have a Division and Users linked to the division, you can now create the new toolbar.
4. Now go to Toolbars and click
IMPORTANT: It may be easier to duplicate a toolbar rather than creating a toolbar from scratch. If you would prefer to duplicate a toolbar see
5. Complete all the necessary information relating to the toolbar:
6. Save changes.
7. Next go to your
Company Divisions in order to link this new toolbar to a division:
8. Click on the
The new toolbar will then appear in the toolbar listing:
Your toolbar is now ready to be edited.
Should you wish to have a view of the users which have access to a toolbar, run a Company Division User Listing Report:
Also See: Editing BrandOffice Toolbars.