How to fix your BrandMail credentials to restore template access
The error below is associated with BrandMail not being able to successfully authenticate your user credentials. For security reasons, access to any templates is restricted when your user profile does not authenticate within your organisation's predefined sync intervals.
You may be authenticating in one of two ways:
1. Windows authentication
2. Username and password
This authentication method requires you to click on your email address when the pop-up below appears. This pop-up will appear every 30 days. If you do not click on your name to authenticate, your BrandMail will not be able to synchronize and appear "stuck". After a number of predefined days, the database will lock.
In order to fix this issue:
1. Restart your workstation (and specifically Outlook)
2. The above pop-up should automatically come up
3. Click on your email address to authenticate
4. Click "synchronize data" to restore your database and access to your templates (including your email signature):
NOTE: If the Windows pop-up does not automatically appear after restarting Outlook, please click "synchronize data". This should force the pop-up to come up.
Username and password
This authentication method requires you to authenticate via a username and password supplied to you by your organisation.
1. Go to the BRANDMAIL tab and click on SETTINGS
2. Fix your username and password:
Username: your email address
Password: password (this is the default)
3. Click on TEST CONNECTION
4. Click OK
5. 4. Click "synchronize data" to restore your database and access to your templates (including your email signature):