Adding Animated Email Banners in BrandMail
How to add animated email banners in BrandMail
Animated email banners can add interest and draw attention to your branding and email messages. Animated banners have also been shown to increase banner click-through rates.
From BrandMail version 22.214.171.124 BrandMail now supports the management of animated banners for your users and user groups.
Before getting started please take note:
- Animated banners are now supported by most email and mobile clients, but certain older versions of mail and mobile clients will not support your animated GIF's. So make sure the first frame of your animation "still works" as a static image.
- Unlike graphic banners which are loaded and adjusted in the BQIgnite Admin Console Banner Editor, animated banners are loaded as pre-created animated GIF's.
- In order to ensure the correct end result, please ensure your animated GIF is the same width as your email signatures e.g. if your email signatures are 700px wide, then ensure your animated GIF is rendered to 700px wide.
Very important: your animated GIF should be less than 1MB (ideally under 500KB). Certain mail clients e.g. O365Web will not allow animations greater than 1MB.
To upload your animated banner:
- Log into the admin console
- Locate the toolbar where you would like to add the animated banner
- Right mouse click on the folder where you would like to add the animated banner
- Choose: Add Animated Banner Template
- Locate and upload your animated GIF
- Remember to set your start and end dates on the AVAILABILITY tab
- Click SAVE CHANGES
Example email banner below (100KB) and 700px wide:
Adding Animated Survey Banners
How to add animated survey banners Animated Survey Banners are email banners which can appear either above or below your organization's email signatures. The banners themselves are the visual mechanism to link through to BrandMail Surveys created in ...
Artwork Specifications for Email Banners
Email banner specifications Email banners may be created in any graphics package and exported to PNG (preferable) or JPG. Banner backgrounds may also be uploaded to the BQIgnite banner designer, with use together with headline placeholders for ...
Creating Email Banners using the Banner Editor
Before getting started with your new email banner in the BQIgnite banner designer make sure you know the width of your signatures (these are usually 700px wide, but may differ depending on your design). This will ensure that your banners are the same ...
Dark mode for BrandMail email signature and banners
Enabling dark mode for your signatures and banners BrandMail supports dark mode for both email signatures and email banners. The setting is available as standard on all BrandMail toolbars. To use, you can select dark mode for every signature or ...
BrandMail: Loading Fonts onto toolbars
How do I add fonts to BrandMail toolbars? Loading your brand primary fonts onto your BrandMail toolbar will allow you to: Use your primary fonts when designing email signatures Use your primary fonts when designing email banners Use your primary ...